-How to install Flash plugin in Firefox without Administrator rights or previleges- -Tips for Firefox- -Video not loading in Firefox- -Graphics not visible in Mozilla Firefox- -Plugin installation in Firefox- -Tricks for Browsers- -Adobe Flash Player 10 plugin for internet browsers- -Windows Tips and Tricks-
Adobe Flash Player plugin is useful or needed for an internet browser to display graphics or video properly. In order to install this plugin to Mozilla Firefox browser, you need to have admin rights or previliges in your system. There are no issues if you are using your own personal computer. But in your school, college, or office, wherever you are just a visitor or the basic user, you will not have admin access or permissions to install any software. Here is a quick 'how-to' to install Flash Player plugin on your Firefox without admin previliges.
|Firefox without Flash Player Plugin|
- This is just a trick, installing plugin manually without letting Firefox to install plugin. All we need to first is to download the Flash Player XPI package from Macromedia Flash. The file name is flashplayer-win.xpi.
- As this XPI is basically a archive file having installation files and your windows system does not have a software to extract .xpi files, you can safely rename it to flashplayer-win.zip. Just right click -> Rename or F2. Now you can extract the zip file using any of the archive utility like Winzip, WinRAR or 7Zip. If you do not have any of those software installed on your system, you can read instructions unzip files online using Wobzip.org.
- Go to the Firefox installation directory, i.e %APPDATA%\Mozilla[or Mozilla Firefox] (%APPDATA% is alias to the folder in your system or absolute path to a folder where your applications and configurations. This will be generally C:\Program Files\, depends on the installtion of Windows. You can access it by entering %APPDATA% in your explorer bar or Start->Run). In side %APPDATA%\Mozilla[or Mozilla Firefox], if you don't see a folder 'Plugins', just create a new folder 'Plugins'.
- Go to the folder where you extracted the flashplayer-win.zip file, copy only the files flashplayer.xpt and NPSWF32.dll to %APPDATA%\Mozilla[or Mozilla Firefox]\Plugins\ folder.
- That's all. Restart the Firefox and try opening any web page having some flash contents. It will be displayed perfectly.
|Flash Player plugin installed manually|
This trick is applicable for Firefox versions 2, 3, 3.5 or 3.6. On Epic browser, first Indian browser powered by Mozilla Firefox, this trick works. The plugins folder will be %APPDATA%\Epic\Plugins.
Hope you will enjoy this trick. Expect your comments about it.